Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"Spinning the Bottle" Returns to Frontera Fest











Hi.


So, I'm bringing back my one-woman show, Spinning the Bottle, for Frontera Fest this year and I would love for you to come!

Spinning the Bottle is a curious comedy about bed-wetting, mammal mating rituals and the delightful philosophy of Beaudelaire that one should always remain drunk. Stringing together poetic prose, self exploitation and suggestive humor, I attempt a deeper understanding of the quanda
ries of love and sex.

And guess what? People LOVE Spinning the Bottle. Thus far it has won Staff Pick at 2007 Frontera Fest, 1st Place PRODUCER PICK and 3rd PLACE AUDIENCE AWARD at 2008 DFW Fringe Festival.

It was recently reviewed by The Examiner... and sure, the reviewer misquotes pretty much every line of my play, but the writer was very gracious and a super-nice fella. Check out the Examiner.com review of "Spinning the Bottle."


And here is what Tim Shane, the Director and owner of Dallas Hub Theater had to say about my show: "Of all the solo performances at the DFW Fringe for the past 5 years, “Spinning The Bottle” is among my personal favorites. It is an audience favorite as well, and took home both the Audience Favorite and the Producer Pick award. It’s a perfect blend of cynicism and romance and proves that you can still be both simultaneously. "

Frontera Fest is the premiere Fringe event of the Southwest and I am thrilled to get my show back into Hyde Park Theater! Buy your tickets early and I'll see you there!



"Spinning the Bottle"
Written & Performed By:
Krissi Reeves
Tuesday Evening, January 26th
Hyde Park Theater
(Visit FF's website for time and pricing!)
Frontera Fest Information
Frontera and Spinning the Bottle on KUT




No comments:

Post a Comment